As our skin ages, the skin cells do not turn over as fast, which causes a build-up of layers that make our skin dull. Microdermabrasion is a great, non-invasive way to instantly get that youthful glow back!
What it is:
- Fine crystals called corundum, also known as Aluminum Oxide crystals, are basically a colorless sapphire, and, on the scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardness of a diamond), these crystals are a nine. These are pyramid-shaped, and when they make contact with the skin, they remove the top layer of dead skin cells.
What it does:
- This results in baby-butt soft skin, revealing a youthful glow, making pores smaller, brown spots lighter, and wrinkles less visible.
The process continues afterwards, with stimulation of collagen in the uppermost layers of skin a couple of weeks later.
- You may return to normal activities immediately.
Rediscover your beauty
Effective Treatment For
How frequently may I have a microdermabrasion:
- We recommend you have your skin refreshed every 4-6 weeks.
Where they can be used:
- Anywhere you have skin
- Safe on all skin types and colors
- Great for clients naïve to cosmetic procedures
What to Expect:
- The skin is mildly pink for 30 – 60 minutes after the procedure, and makeup may be applied immediately…but why would you want to cover that new glow?
A medical-grade machine…which can remove skin down to blood…not that we would ever do that to you (we have lasers for that).
Profoundly stronger and more consistent with the distribution of crystals over the surface of the skin than the weaker microdermabrasion machines that are operated by aestheticians. Will not cut grooves into your face, nor shoot dead skin cells around the room to be inhaled, as the paddle-type crystal-free machines do. Crystal-based microdermabrasions generally remove more dead skin than crystal-free machines…but not all machines are created equal. Be sure to ask what kind of microdermabrasion machine is used; not all physicians use medical-grade microdermabrasion machines.