What it is:
- Enlighten is the most advanced laser system for the effective and safe removal of tattoos and benign pigmented lesions.
What it does:
- Enlighten features extremely short and high-power picoseconlaser pulses, which efficiently and quickly break down the ink particles in tattoos.
- A ‘picosecond’ is one-trillionth of a second, and is 1,000 times shorter than the ‘nanosecond’ pulses used in existing lasers for tattoo removal.
- Picosecond laser pulses have been shown to remove tattoos more completely and in fewer treatment sessions than traditional lasers used historically in the past
Rediscover your beauty
Effective Treatment For
How frequently may I receive Enlighten Treatments:
- The total number of treatments varies, depending on the color, composition, depth and the color of the ink, as well as the size and location of the tattoo.
- You should be prepared for multiple treatment sessions, spaced eight weeks apart.
- Tattoo ink is deposited deep in the skin. In order to reach all of the ink in the skin, multiple treatment sessions are needed for clearance. Depth, size and color of the tattoo also impact the number of treatments needed.
- Your PICO Genesis provider will discuss a treatment plan during your consultation.
Where it can be used:
- Anywhere you have unwanted tattoo ink
- Safe on all skin types and colors
What to Expect:
- Patients compare the procedure to a rubber band being snapped against their skin. Topical or local anesthetics may be available from your provider to minimize discomfort.
- Most patients experience redness and swelling immediately following the treatment. These side effects are temporary.
- Patients can return to regular activities immediately following the treatment