The Dermapen micro needling device helps your body create collagen by creating microscopic portals into the skin. These micro injuries to the skin encourage and harness the power of the body’s innate ability to re-grow and repair the skin through the physiology of collagen induction.
What is Dermapen Micro Needling?
- Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for treating the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance.
What it does?
- Tiny needles are used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to produce collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in improvement of the appearance of softer wrinkles. Automated micro-needling also creates superficial micro-channels which can be used with topical gels, creams and serums to help improve the appearance of the skin.
Rediscover your beauty
Effective Treatment For
What to Expect?
The feeling associated with microneedling is similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating needle tip reduces discomfort while the applied hydrating gel also makes the treatment more tolerable. Micro needling improves:
- The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Traumatic scars
- Stretch marks
- Generally creates a fresher appearance or glow to the skin
- Complement other treatment options like chemical peels, IPL, Microdermabrasion and laser skin tightening. This will greatly increase their effectiveness.
- Treatments can be used on all parts of body. Some patients only require a single treatment, once per year to achieve optimal results.
A series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart is recommended for most patients. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 6 week intervals.
How long does the procedure take?
- The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What is the downtime?
- Immediately after the treatment you will notice a bright redness to the skin.
- The total healing time depends on microneedling setting used and the number of overlapping passes your skincare professional performs.
- On average, patients are red up to 2 to 4 days. Some patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours.
- Utilizing quality skincare products can help to speed up the healing process.
When will I see the results?
- Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin.
- Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks.
- Results continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues.