Dermal fillers can be used for temporary line and wrinkle removal or lip, nose or cheek enhancement. They are placed under the surface of your skin to restore the natural contours of your face or lips that were lost with aging, expressions, smoking, or drinking with straws.
There are several dermal fillers available to help with deep lines and wrinkles. They all work in different ways, in different locations. Juvederm is hyaluronic acid, which is a substance humans make that helps keep their tissues hydrated and juicy. This clear gel can be used in all areas of the face, including lips. Dr. Ling does not use Restylane, as it doesn’t last as long as Juvederm, and can sometimes leave lumps. Juvederm is much smoother, and has more crosslinking to slow the breakdown of the product. Belotero is also a hyaluronic acid.This thinner clear gel can be used in all areas of the face, but is best for more superficial lines. This acts in a similar way to Juvederm. Radiesse is calcium hydroxylapatite, which is calcium matrix that is injected that creates a platform on which your body builds its own collagen. This white gel is used in all areas of the face, except lips. It can also be used on the backs of hands.
Rediscover your beauty
Effective Treatment For
Effects begins to show effect four days after injection, but full effect at two weeks. Results will last 3 months on most people. You will need the same dosage each time you get the injections every 3 months.
Six forms available:
- Juvederm Ultra – lasts 6-9 months
- Juvederm Ultra XC – lasts 6-9 months; has lidocaine mixed in
- Juvederm Ultraplus – lasts 9-12 months
- Juvederm Ultraplus XC. We use this form, which is the longest lasting version of Juvederm that can be used in lips, with numbing medication included, for the most comfort and duration.
- Juvederm Voluma – lasts 1.5 to 2 years
- Juvederm Volulma XC – lasts 1.5 to 2 years; has lidocaine mixed in
What they do:
- Hyaluronic acid (a biodegradable complex sugar) acts like a sponge to draw water to an area and keep it there for months, making that area plump.
- Dermal fillers can be used for temporary line and wrinkle removal or lip, nose or cheek enhancement. They are placed under the surface of your skin to restore the natural contours of your face or lips that were lost with aging, expressions, smoking, or drinking with straws.
Where they can be used:
- Tear Troughs (undereye circles)
- Lip enhancement can be uncomfortable, therefore patients are offered a nerve block prior to treatment to eliminate any pain, in addition to the topical numbing cream.
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines connecting the nose to the mouth corners)
- Marionette lines (vertical lines extending down from the corners of the mouth)
- As with most injections, patients should avoid aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, e.g. Advil, Vitamin E, ginseng, garlic, and alcoholic beverages 48 hours prior to treatment as they will increase the risk of bruising at the injection site. Results and longevity of the product are highly dependent on the above pre-treatment precautions and proper aftercare.